April 24, 2005
Circle.I caught up with the gerz on Saturday night. We had crabs for dinner. Yummy~ The quite famous one near my house, that used to be in Serangoon. Then, we bought titbits and drinks and went to East Coast Park to chat.
Hearing them talk, complain about their jobs made me feel fortunate in where I am - supportive culture, reasonable leadership, totally positive working environment (save for a few moments everyday when I feel like throttling some screaming kid's throat). Of course, every workplace must have its fair share of shit. That's what D would always say about 'perfect organisation being imperfect once we step into it.. blahblah..'. hee But, hey, relatively speaking, I'm having quite a good deal in terms of culture and enviroment. And well, I seem to be able to cope with my workload pretty well so far. So, maybe I should stop entertaining negative thoughts regarding my job.
But, the cute VP just spoke to me on Friday. She asked how are things on my side cos she noticed that I'm less cheerful now as I used to be. She suggested for me to talk to her if there's anything at all, to have a little chat with her before I have a melt-down myself. And all along, I went 'Is it? No lah...' and smiled a lot more.
xxx
And circle.Anna and Ade said that it's quite difficult cos the basic assumption, when you are seeing someone, is that you will spend the weekend with that someone, unless notified otherwise in advance. So, your own social circle becomes inevitably intertwined with someone else's and your time is not exactly your time anymore and as a result, you do less things for yourself, less things with your own friends, more compromise to the other person's schedule and more sighs at last minute appointments which you either can't refuse or can't tag along.
All these, as far as we can see, make unhappy girlfriends.
So, I put forth a suggestion. Why don't they make the opposite assumption? That they will not be spending the weekend with their partner unless notified otherwise. Then, there's more personal space to arrange for your own appointments, right? Do I sound like I've never been in a relationship?
I have been. And I am in one. I always assume I'd at least meet Wenn once on every weekend. The difference is, when it doesn't happen, I'm happy spending the weekend alone too. That means, I'm probably happy anyway. That means, either I'm in denial or I'm a simpler girl to date. hmm? haha
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 21:57